Thursday, November 29, 2007

standing in front of the mirror doing bicep curls

how can you be a man when you have a shiny nose?
the smooth lifting of these weights is not comforting, though i take pride in it.
my eyes confirm that this is not the answer-
it doesn't surprise me that the cornerstones of weight lifting are repetition and overload.
you give the body more than it can take for longer than it wants, and thats how you build a body.
Men are purposeful. they lift, they place, they protect. thats how you build and keep a house.
They lift only to place, and place only to protect, and protect only to...
well, why do men protect?
will I know when my nose stops clogging?

2 comments:

Devin said...

we lift to get the ladies and we protect to get the ladies. placing just shows weakness and we try our best to avoid that at all costs.

Unknown said...

question: can I piggyback on your blog every so often?

-Ari